An easy and stylish Thanksgiving craft.
You’ll need: scissors, felt, a pipe cleaner, and glue.
- Cut two pieces that will fit around your child’s head.
- Glue them together at one end.
- Use pins to hold it together until glue dries.
- Wrap the headband around head and glue the other end.
- Let dry.
- Cut a piece of different colored felt about 4-5 inches long.
- Fold the felt in half and cut to make a long oval with a point end and a little rectangle at the other end.
- With the felt still folded cut slits along the felt. Unfold and pull the ends to stretch the felt and separate the slits.
- Glue a pipe cleaner on the backside.
- Add a dot of glue to the rectangle on the bottom of the feather.
- Place the headband onto glue and tuck the pipe cleaner around it.
You can also speed this process up by using a hot glue gun instead of the regular stuff.
For another easy (and more sophisticated) Indian headband check out this new DIY tutorial.
Have a great Thanksgiving!