This salted caramel pie recipe is for two small 5 inch pies or one large pie.
Before you start you will need to plug in your slow cooker.
Turn it to HIGH.
Put 2 cans of sweetened condensed cream and some water in it.
Go run your errands, clean your house, etc..
Come back in 5-6 hours.
Turn off your slow cooker. Take the cans out with an oven mitten. You can run them under cold water if you want.
Now we can really get down to business.
- Two cans of prepared caramel
- 1 to 1.5 sleeves of graham crackers (1.5 for a large pie)
- Half a stick of butter
- Large zip lock bag
- 1/2 Cup of cold heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp of good coarse sea salt
- A sprinkle of confectioners sugar to sweeten whipped cream, optional
- Place graham crackers into plastic bag and using a flat side of a meat tenderizer, crush them into crumbs. If you want to be extra efficient throw them in a food processor.
- Put the butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl and melt it in the microwave; 1 minute on high should do it.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs into the butter.
- Press it into the pie pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool while you make whipped cream.
- Pour the cold heavy cream into a bowl with the optional powdered sugar.
- Whip it with the mixer until stiff peaks have formed.
- Plop the whole can of caramel into the center of the pie crust.
- Gently spread it in an outward motion.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Put the whipped cream on top.