We used to use a Hello Kitty banner for everyone’s birthday, including John. The letters are bent and it’s lost it’s pizzazz since I bought it…3 years ago. To make this 20 minute craft worth your while, use washi tape and letters that are appropriate for all the birthdays in your family. I purchased the letters from the dollar section of Target located in the front of the store. Another option is to purchase letter stickers from a craft store. See another letter sticker craft here. birthday banner diy
Scissors2 sets of Cardboard letters or alphabet stickers
Washi tapeIndex cards or scrapbook paper cut into rectanglesStringCraft glue
- Tape the bottom of each paper rectangle. Trip the excess tape.
- Add tape to the top of the paper rectangle and fold it over the string.
- Glue the letters onto the paper. Start at the “Y” and work backwards to ensure you won’t run out of string.
- Add washi tags on each end for decoration.
- Hang your banner with washi tape.
- Tip – Don’t cut the string until after you’ve added all the letters onto the banner.