So you read a post and…
- You feel great
- You found the information you were looking for
- You’ve discovered a better way of doing something
- You feel inspired
- You laughed
Here are ways I like to show gratitude for great work, because lets face it, a bunch of us aren’t getting paid enough (or not at all) for the hours of work we put in.
1. The obvious is to follow them through social media. If I notice they’re new and are struggling with likes I’ll click on all of their social media icons to give them a boost.
2. Writing a tweet is the perfect way to instantly compliment them. This is my favorite way of reaching out and letting bloggers and writers know they’ve touched my life. It really gives us all a lift to receive messages too.
3. Exit through an ad. We know that Google Ad-sense is paid by the amount of clicks. It’s a great way to “tip” the writer.
4. Share a lot. When I click tweet I’ll usually add an extra hash tag to increase visibility, and/or include a @potential-sponsor.
5. Pinning to a big group board helps a lot. I’ve seen so many of the pins I’ve shared get repined 50+ times. It’s great to get word out to thousands of readers through one click.
6.Leaving an insightful comment on the post helps validate their information.
7. Including the post in a future round up is a more laborious method of sharing, but far more effective because it gives the readers another article to share; increasing the amount of information to spread to future readers.
Photo used in background is from http://www.austinfree.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Keyboard.thank-you.jpg